RESCHEDULED DUE TO WEATHER
This session is for riders who want to build confidence in their riding. If you already do a lot of group riding, this isn't the session for you. We will start in a parking lot with very basic skills and then go on a ride to employ them. We will discuss and practice where to ride in the road, how to safely transition intersections and what is different about riding with a group vs. riding solo.
This is limited to 10 participants and will be taught by two League Certified Instructors (also Executive Committee members), Kelley Westenhoff and Laura Robinson. They lead the Monday Night Reston Women's Ride and have a lot of experience with riders who "don't feel like they fit in." Trust us, there is a place for you in the club and we're going to help you find it!
1. You must wear a helmet. No helmet, no ride.
2. You must comply with our COVID policy. Masks, hand sanitizers, social distancing. This is the policy:
RBC COVID POLICY
1. You must be on the registration list and you must be on time. We will leave promptly.
2. You must feel healthy (no COVID-19 type symptoms) DO NOT COME if you don't feel well.
3. You must bring a face cover or mask to the ride and wear it correctly when gathering at the ride start and finish.
4. You are not required to wear a face cover or mask while riding, but you may if you'd like to do so.
5. While riding, we will social distance. This means allow people (other riders, people on the trails) room and do not pile up on each other when approaching a stop sign or light.
6. Everyone will respect other riders' comfort levels. If someone says you're too close, just back away.
7. There will be no debate, no politics, no judgment of anyone else's decisions.
8. If you do not want to comply with ALL of these guidelines, please do not register for the ride.
These restrictions are subject to change based on requirements and/or directives from the Governor or Virginia Department of Health.