Last Weekend Brunch Adventure Ride - October 202
Get Your Halloween On
and enjoy a FULL MOON ride!
October 31, we'll gather in Herndon to take our second
Spooky Weekend Adventure Ride.
We will meet at 6:00pm for a 6:15pm start!
THE PRIZE QUEEN HAS DECREED THAT THERE WILL BE PRIZES FOR
#1 BEST COSTUME
#2 BEST LIGHT UP OF BIKE/PERSON
The fact that this is an evening/night ride means you need to be lit up better than a Jack O' Lantern. Get out all the lights you own and strap them on your bike and your person. The route is 20 miles. It is your responsibility to be lighted up for safety, have a working bike, and helmets are mandatory. The pace will be about 10mph average. If you decide to cut it short it is your responsibility to make your way home.
This is a series of more social rides with a slower pace, an enjoyable destination, and no urgency to get anywhere by anytime. We will start the ride in Herndon in the Art Space Parking Lot.
The following are the RBC COVID-19 guidelines for our rides.
We are cautiously returning to riding as a group. This will only work with small groups and self-discipline. Please understand that these guidelines are FIRM. The Ride Leader has the authority to ask any person to leave who does not comply.1. You must be on the registration list and you must be on time. We will leave promptly.
2. You must feel healthy (no COVID 19 type symptoms) DO NOT COME if you don't feel well.
3. You must bring a face cover or mask to the ride and wear it correctly any time the wheels of your bike are not rolling. This means at the start and at the finish.
4. You are not required to wear a face cover or mask while riding, but you may if you'd like to do so.
5. While riding, we will social distance. This means allow people (other riders, people on the trails) room and do not pile up on each other when approaching a stop sign or light.
6. Everyone will respect other riders' comfort levels. If someone says you're too close, just back away.
7. There will be no debate, no politics, no judgment of anyone else's decisions.
8. If you do not want to comply with ALL of these guidelines, please do not register for the ride.
9. Normal safety items -- you MUST have a red taillight. This is a NIGHT RIDE so put as many lights on your bike and person as possible!
10. A note about passing: We pass ONLY on the left. We call our passes to the rider or pedestrian in front of us. We allow plenty of room (especially in these COVID times).
We are paper-free, which means you can download the route from RidewithGPS and print it before you come, but we will not have paper cue sheets to distribute at the ride. (We will send you the route after you register)
The ride is limited to 20 riders. Riders should be able to sustain a 10mph pace over 20 miles.
No land-speed records being set here, this is about the company and, of course, lunch! The route will be a mix of paved bike trails and roads.
Instead of a destination, this ride will be special along the route. The details will not be revealed until the riders sign up -- that’s part of the adventure. All riders must sign (or have already signed for 2020) a liability waiver. You can do that HERE. The first ride with us is free. We welcome you to join us on subsequent rides as a member. Membership is $25 per year and you can take care of that HERE.