Last Weekend Brunch Adventure Ride - September 2020
Good Scenery Makes the Hills Easier
Saturday, September 26, we'll gather in Reston to take our first Weekend Adventure Ride of 2020. 9:15 AM and we roll at 9:30 AM.
This is a series of more social rides with a slower pace, an enjoyable destination, and no urgency to get anywhere by anytime. We will start the ride in Reston at The Bike Lane (11150 Sunset Hills Rd.)
The following are the RBC COVID-19 guidelines for our rides.
We are cautiously returning to riding as a group. This will only work with small groups and self-discipline. Please understand that these guidelines are FIRM. The Ride Leader has the authority to ask any person to leave who does not comply.1. You must be on the registration list and you must be on time. We will leave promptly.
2. You must feel healthy (no COVID 19 type symptoms) DO NOT COME if you don't feel well.
3. You must bring a face cover or mask to the ride and wear it correctly any time the wheels of your bike are not rolling. This means at the start and at the finish.
4. You are not required to wear a face cover or mask while riding, but you may if you'd like to do so.
5. While riding, we will social distance. This means allow people (other riders, people on the trails) room and do not pile up on each other when approaching a stop sign or light.
6. Everyone will respect other riders' comfort levels. If someone says you're too close, just back away.
7. There will be no debate, no politics, no judgment of anyone else's decisions.
8. If you do not want to comply with ALL of these guidelines, please do not register for the ride.
9. Normal safety items -- you MUST have a red taillight. It is a good idea to have a white light on the front of your bike (angled down on slow pulse), but not required.
10. A note about passing: We pass ONLY on the left. We call our passes to the rider or pedestrian in front of us. We allow plenty of room (especially in these COVID times).
We are paper-free, which means you can download the route from RidewithGPS and print it before you come, but we will not have paper cue sheets to distribute at the ride. (We will send you the route after you register)
If you drive to the ride start, please park as far away from the building as possible. There are other organizations/businesses in that building whose patrons need access. Thank you!
The ride is limited to 20 riders. Riders should be able to sustain a 10mph pace over 20 miles.
No land-speed records being set here, this is about the company and, of course, lunch! The route will be a mix of paved bike trails and roads.
Instead of a destination, this ride will be special along the route. The details will not be revealed until the riders sign up -- that’s part of the adventure. All riders must sign (or have already signed for 2020) a liability waiver. You can do that HERE. The first ride with us is free. We welcome you to join us on subsequent rides as a member. Membership is $25 per year and you can take care of that HERE.
We can assure you this:
- The destination always involves food (bring your wallet because we’re leading but not buying!)
- Bring a lock and some type of hydration.
- No one gets left behind unless they want to be.
- Every rider must wear a helmet.
We hope to be back by 12. But we’re all adults, so if you want to linger somewhere and use the route map to get back, you're welcome to do so.
Well behaved adults are welcome, and children who have those same standards may bring their parents if they can vouch for their behavior as well.
If a non-riding spouse/partner/friend wants to meet us at the destination for lunch, that's great!